Thursday, March 29, 2007

My 'Other Great Blogs' list

I know, I know, another new post. But this one isn't really real. Its just regarding my blogger list!

I have been very excited by the lengthening of my 'other great blogs' list in recent days. Previously removed blogs have been re-entered, and are currently performing very well!

Since the ongoing discussions in Andy's blog about where people are on his list, I decided mine needed a bit of re-working. Whilst I liked Andy's idea of listing the blogs alphabetically, I didn't feel that copying it was the right way to go. Instead I have come up with my own system. The fairness of it is up for discussion!

I have decided that the more frequently a blogger blogs, the higher up the list they go. Now, in all honesty, I haven't sat there and analysed the statistics regarding the frequency of blogs, since I am currently at work and meant to be analysing the statistics of the Jubilee line! Instead, this has been done quickly according to my perception.

It may be unfair in the sense that there are a couple of more recent additions to the list, aka the Borretts, who have previously not been high on a blog frequency chart, but suddenly seem to have found their form, and are perfoming very well. Whereas, previously high performers who have recently had a lull, have been moved below them.

If you feel you position is disputable please let me know, I will do my best to handle all complaints fairly and equally.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

I have absolutely NO problem with thet order AT ALL..I wnder why! Though, what does that say about me?!

Though, if they were judged on their length and seriousness, I thik I would find myself in a slightly different position!

Ann said...

On the subject of blogging ! Richard thinks it is an important part of our role or is it roll :-) so have recommenced a "proper" blog on this site...watch this space.

Unknown said...

Two blogs? Wow! The list will get even longer. What do you want to be called? Ann1 and Ann2, Ann Formal and Ann Informal, Ann Proper and Ann Improper?!?!!! The choice is yours! (I like the last one!!!)

xxx

Liz said...

Kirsty - the words: time much way hands too your on, spring to mind here!!

Anonymous said...

Glyn's stats against mine??

i'll await the correction

Anonymous said...

Yep - I have a complaint. It did not escape my notice a few days ago that I have been removed completely from your list. Despite my deep distress I was going to let it go, but now you mention it I think I have to let you know how I feel (!!)

I may not have written since November, and I know then it was only to say I am lacking inspiration, but stiiiiiiiillllll does that justify a complete erasal from all memory?? One day I may write again.

So please ponder that one and consider whether those who struggle to find something to write deserve to be removed completely. If they do, then I am sure I will eventually come to terms with it.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Yours faithfully (obviously formality is now required)
Mrs J Simpkins

Unknown said...

My dearest Jo.

All it will take is one small blog and you will be back on the list. Just one! Its just that an up to date blog requires up to date links you see.

I would like to justify myself in light of your comment:

'I may not have written since November, and I know then it was only to say I am lacking inspiration, but stiiiiiiiillllll does that justify a complete erasal from all memory?? '

Erasal from the blog does not necessarily equate to erasal from the memory. I have fond memories of your blog and would truly be honoured to reistate you. But as I am asure you will appreciate, my entire image as a blogger rests on my blog - and therefore, it simply must be kept up to date.

I live in hope of a reconciliation.

Yours truly

Miss Kirsty Caffull.

P.S Going to email you soon, I would like some advice about something!

P.P.S Luv ya!