Sunday, July 27, 2008

What a weekend part 1

I have had a great weekend (which I am classing as starting on Thursday evening for the sake of this exercise)! I have been driving a lot but have had a great time, and in the process learnt a lot of lessons. I will share some with you now.

  • A bunch of 20-something girls, really can put the world to rights with a bit of chocolate and diet coke! - and can talk ALL NIGHT without running out of things to say!
  • Its easier to talk to people than I think it is!
  • I am not alone in my insecurities and its ok to talk about them.
  • The older generation might have many opinions and attitudes I don't agree with, but they have a lot to teach me and often the frustration is there partly because I don't take time to understand.
  • Planning usually pays off.
  • You can go back home without having to go back.
  • The Salvation Army, for all its faults, is an amazing community to be a part of, and, in general, the heart of the movement is in the right place.
  • Christians can be really cool people.
  • The M25 is surely one of the most stress-inducing places in the world!
  • You can't control everything - and sometimes you have to just shrug your shoulders and say - "Oh well!" Even if it means missing your friend getting married because the traffic will not move!
  • People who I find quite intimidating are often the people that I can have the best conversations with when I get past worrying about what they think of me.
  • I should embrace how weird my faith seems to people who don't know God.
  • I love seeing my friends happy.
  • Maybe I don't need to prove to people that I think or feel certain things - maybe its ok to actually believe myself without other people verifying it first.
  • You can improve your life by putting lots of effort into a number of exercises, but that actually God's peace comes through rest - just knowing and loving Him.
  • God works in mysterious ways!
  • God works!
  • Frinds are one of the best thing in the world.

"I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid." John 14:27

3 comments:

thesamesky said...

Yes!!!!

Anonymous said...

where is what a weekend part 2??
sarah x

Unknown said...

It will come! But it will probably be about next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!