Sunday, January 06, 2008

Hope 08

First of all I should say congratulations to Glyn, who not only managed to top my blog list, but also managed to be the most frequent blogger that has ever appeared on it. Not only that, but each one was his own work, not some clip stolen from you tube as seems to be the fashion these days!


So 2008 is finally here! 2008, the year of hope. Firstly, on a personal level, 2008 is going to be a year of hope for me. 2007 is behind. It is in the past. It may still affect me and things from 2007 may still haunt me from time to time, but 2008 is here and I am making a change. I am having an Epiphany if you will! I want 2008 to be about God not about Kirsty Caffull. I want to live for God this year. I am not naive enough to think that its just going to happen like that because I have decided it will, but its got to be a step in the right direction, right? I am going to seek God's will about the decisions I have to make. I am going to try hard to stop being prescriptive about the things I want to happen for myself, and start to ask what God wants from me instead. (Sounds good doesn't it - one can hope!). Seriously, I am going to try.


Secondly 2008 is a year of hope for our corps. Its the year we are going to get back into our building. I guess there is going to be a lot of work that needs to be done in order to make sure that we put it to good use, and that we actually do give our building back to the community - the whole reason for the refurbishment in the first place. But there is hope. Hope that we can be changed as individuals, and as a family by the spirit - and given the wisdom to know best how to meet the communities needs. Could this be the time for revival in Romford? Maybe, maybe not, that is up to God, but we can be ready for it, and pray for it and listen to what God wants and act on it. 2008 can be a chance for us to make a real difference.


Lastly - 2008 is a year of hope for all the people who will be affected by the work of the churches participating in Hope 08. This is an opportunity for them to get to know the church living out its calling, refusing to allow people to believe their sterotype that all Christians are hypocrites. 2008 is a chance for them to meet God and to develop a relationship with him. Its an oportunity for them to let their hard hearts be melted, and to feel the living reviving touch of God. Because I for one know the living reality of the goodness of God.


Most importantly, 2008 is a year I am dedicating to prayer. I will be praying every day that these hopes turn into a reality. Here's to 2008!


(schloer!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kirsty!
Caught your blog for the first time today, and thoroughly enjoyed reading it! Well done!
I'm totally with you on that line from 'O Holy Night'. I have a friend who sung it as a solo in our church carol service this year (last year?!), and she was so nervous that I kept wanting to stop her and go 'don't you *realise* you're singing one of the most amazing lines ever written in the whole world ever!!!!'.
And, more on the theme of the post I'm actually commenting on - praying 2008 is all you dream it will be, and more!

nigel said...

i'm convinced that is not schloer and by posting it is basically encouraging those more sesceptible to wordly temptations to stumble. This is surely worthy of losing a stripe or standing in the corner for a service or doing some pressups or whatever the appropriate punishment is! Kirst - no need to publish this - I'm just playing catch up with your blogs!