Friday, June 01, 2007

Blogged Blessings

This has been a long time coming, but I felt that I really wanted to blog about how blessed I am. It is very easy to complain about what I have, and even more so, what I don't have, but today, I choose to recognise the incredible blessings God has given me. (This may be a bit sickly sweet - I am cringing myself, but it is true none-the-less). So here are my blessings!
  • I have food, water, shelter and all of these in abundance
  • I have an amazing family, whom I love immensley. Mum, Dad, Lee, Tracey, Dale, Ro and baby Roy, I love you, and am so blessed to have you in my family.
  • I have a fun, and loyal, and loving wider family too. All my aunties, uncles, cousins, nan, grandma and grandads, I love you and am blessed that you are part of my life.
  • I have a job that I really love.
  • I have a great boss, and great colleagues. I enjoy work and that is helped by the friendliness, and the helpfuless of everyone I work with.
  • I am blessed to have some Christians at work. For some reason, that really makes a difference.
  • I belong to a Church which has its foundations built on the determination to help and heal people - both physically and spiritually.
  • I belong to a church which is beginning to recapture that vision.
  • I belong to a church which truly is my 'even wider family'. I love my friends at church, and in all honesty, I don't know what I would do without them. I am truly blessed that you are part of my life.
  • I am blessed that the leaders of the church I belong to truly care about the mission to which we are called, that they are deeply committed to Christ and that they love God, and the people God has called them to pastor. (Boy I know how to suck up! - but its true!)
  • I am blessed that I have sooooo many people in my life who will care for me and help me when they can. I am also blessed that many of these people would do that out of the goodness of their own hearts. Not because they would expect something in return. I always have someone I can go to, whatever happens. I am truly blessed. Not everyone has that.
  • I am blessed that I live in a country that allows me to worship God freely. That I don't have to hide my faith, and that I don't have to make the choice between my faith and my physical life on this earth. (Though I know what I would pick!)
  • That I have my physical health.
  • That I am a child of an awesome God.

I could go on and on! I know that relative to many people in this world, my life has been easy, and I don't (will try not to) take that for granted. The words of a song hit me today, and they are my prayer - my worship for today:

Hear these praises from a grateful heart
Each time I think of You, the praises start
Love You so much, Jesus
Love You so much.

Lord I love You, my soul sings
In Your presence, carried on Your wings
Love You so much, Jesus
Love You so much.

How my soul longs for You
Longs to worship You forever
In Your power and majesty
Lift my hands, lift my heart
Lift my voice towards the heavens
For You are my sun and shield.

Hear these praises from a grateful heart
Each time I think of You, the praises start
Love You so much, Jesus
Love You so much.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Well that's a VERY positive blog Kirsty - brilliant.

Are you going to list all those blessings on Monday at House Group?

Unknown said...

I am working on the positive attitude!

Yes I am planning to. Hopefully there will be a very extra special one to add too!!!!!

Liz said...

Ohhh intriguing! Everyone will wnat to come on Monday now

Joe said...

Like the song. Did you make it?

I also liked your poems blog.

Unknown said...

Aah! Thanks Joe. I didn't write the song. That was written by a guy called Russell Fragar. Its got really great words though hasn't it. I did write all the poems though. Thanks for saying you liked it.